Microsoft Teams - Multi-Window Meetings and Calling experiences

Iron Contributor

I just enabled the new Teams Meeting experience and popped out a Teams meeting. I am getting chatty notifications, even when I am on the pop-out windows for the meeting. The Teams app is continually giving me notifications for each chat message and with a meeting of over 125 people, it is constantly giving notifications and I cannot keep track of what is going on due to the conversation notifications. Outside of turning off notifications, is Microsoft going to change the notification settings to allow the Teams app to know that there is a meeting that is popped out and when you are viewing it to not send notifications?

3 Replies

@Shaun Jennings 

Hi, in Teams settings > Notifications, there certainly does not appear to be the option to affect this behaviour at the present time as below;

Screenshot 2020-08-17 at 18.11.24.png

You could consider starting a User Voice for this at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/

@PeterRisingI figured that was the option that I would have to do, but if MS knew about this, why would they release it as is because I don't think we end users would want to have those notifications turned off.

I came here searching for this, I'm getting calls from several colleagues about this issue in the preview new meeting environment. Curious to see it getting fixed in the definitive release :)