SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Moderator for Q&A

Copper Contributor

Is there anyway you can add a 'moderator' in the Teams Q&A? With everything going on in the world right now, it would be great if we had more control on who sees what in the chat window. Particular sensitive subjects that we can hand off to HR and not discuss it in the Q&A Chat window. 

6 Replies

@JoAnnTaylor 

You can always add additional users as organizers/presenters for them to have access to QnA.

Otherwise post / upvote this idea here:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/

Adam

@adam deltinger I know Microsoft Team Live Event has this option. My question was for Microsoft Teams (not live event). When I set up a meeting in Microsoft Teams. I do not see a place to add someone to moderator the QNA.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi@JoAnnTaylor  cc @adam deltinger 

If I understand your question correctly, then the answer is that there is no way to formally designate a "moderator" in regular Teams.  It's a more interactive, casual environment, so imagine being in a conference room with your colleagues, except virtually - in that case you might just ask someone to answer any questions that arise. 

You could note the moderator in the body of the invitation if you want everyone to know who will oversee the chat window.  But basically, everyone in the meeting has equal access (not like in Live Event, where producers and presenters get different links and access to the back end).  Does that answer the question for you?  Adam, feel free to add your expertise if needed.

Thank you for being a member of the community.

@ThereseSolimeno Yes, you are correct in the question I am asking about. Thank you! I really like Microsoft Teams vs Live Events for our 600-700 monthly Town Halls because Teams gives you a more connected feeling. Plus our speakers really like Teams and Zoom because they see the audience they are speaking to. With Live Events is live but no warm, collaboration feel with the attendees.

With 600 - 700 employees in the chat they ask a lot of questions and they are not bashful speaking their minds. That's why it would be nice if there were a moderator in Teams QnA

I agree @JoAnnTaylor   But if you want to speak to an audience of hundreds or thousands, Live Events is much more practical :stareyes:

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi@JoAnnTaylor  cc @adam deltinger 

If I understand your question correctly, then the answer is that there is no way to formally designate a "moderator" in regular Teams.  It's a more interactive, casual environment, so imagine being in a conference room with your colleagues, except virtually - in that case you might just ask someone to answer any questions that arise. 

You could note the moderator in the body of the invitation if you want everyone to know who will oversee the chat window.  But basically, everyone in the meeting has equal access (not like in Live Event, where producers and presenters get different links and access to the back end).  Does that answer the question for you?  Adam, feel free to add your expertise if needed.

Thank you for being a member of the community.

View solution in original post