Microsoft Teams Microphone Problems for Outgoing Calls

Copper Contributor

I have one user in my environment running into a very strange microphone issue. Whenever he gets an incoming call everything works great. When he makes an outgoing call he cannot hear anything the other person in the call can say and then the call fails and closes.

I have reinstalled Teams, deleted the cache, updated the OS (Windows 10) to the latest version, updated all device drivers, verified device settings in the teams app including device settings in a call. It also fails to call sometimes when he tried to do a screen share as well while other times it works.

It the call logs in teams admin center for the user is reports everything as working perfect. I also have a log attached here for the user on his computer. The date on the log is the 16th, @ 9:27 I had a failure in an outgoing call and then a success at an incoming. Not sure if these log can identify the issue but i was unable to locate what the problem is.

Thank You

-Mike

5 Replies

Hello @MBrangwynne   Is the microphone a Teams-enabled device?  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/across-devices/devices

If so, this sounds pretty specific so you'd want to open a ticket on our answers.microsoft.com site for technical support.

I also have this problem. Just to be clear, this is a speaker issue though, not a microphone issue.

The speaker works perfectly fine for every other use - it's only Outgoing initiated team voice conversations that has this problem.

I'm getting a very similar issue. Currently affecting just myself (of a company of 30). And only on calls that I dial out to other company staff. If I dial any other contact, mobile, etc - it all works absolutely fine. If any other staff member calls me, it also works absolutely fine.

Any call I make though, to a member of staff, they can hear me, I can't hear them, and inevitably it gives me an error screen of "Sorry, we couldn't connect you."

It's like it's having an issue initiating my outbound audio stream - but only to colleagues.
Hi Folks, I'm having the exact same issue.....sooooo frustrating. Is there any recommended fix?

@thegnic My final solution was Google Meet. Just too many bugs and ducks to line up in MS Teams.