Microsoft Teams Microphone Issue

Copper Contributor

A user at our organisation is experiencing a microphone issue that in my opinion, is directly related to Microsoft Teams. Only with Teams, there is a noise in the background only when someone is not talking. The microphone sounds like they are very distanced away from the device. 

The user is running the latest version of Windows 10 with the latest version of Teams. 

Already we have done the following:

• Complete uninstallation of teams

• Updating of all drivers

• Checking Audio settings didn't work

• Tried connecting external microphones, the issue still is persisting
  • Checked other communication mediums (slack, skype) everything is working
  • No issue with Teams Web Application

At the organisation we cannot suggest a clean system wipe as this would not be the most practical solution. We need to work out the exact cause and what possible solutions might be. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Best

James

4 Replies
The noise is just white noise they added to the calls to let you know your connected to audio basically and is normal.

As for the far away part I thought I seen someone not long ago with same issue and figured out so I’ll need to do some searching tomorrow. But basic things make sure under sound control panel that the recording tab has the right device set as default communication device. Also check systrsy and make sure Skype for business isn’t loading. If it is try exiting that and seeing if it’s causing issues with Teams which I’ve seen. Also check or close any other open systray apps that might effect audio just for testing.

The noise is to the point where you can barely hear the microphone (so low that the user may not even take the call) That would be excellent, anything to help this would be greatly appreciated.

Again, everything has been done and in the systray there is only teams.. @Chris Webb 

We will be in touch,

Best

James

Hi @Chris Webb, any updates on the matter?

Best

James

@jamesangelesnd looking forward to hear the reply