Microsoft Teams meeting sound is interrupted when I receive phone calls/sms/phone notifications

Copper Contributor

Hi,

At my job we are all using Microsoft Teams as our meeting platform.

Some of my collogues are experiencing interruptions in the meeting sound when they receive a different sound from their phone (i.g. calls, sms and notifications).

We have connected our Jabra Elite 75 headset both to our phone and to our PC.

I believe that the sound source coming from the phone is interrupting the sound source coming from the PC.

Have anyone experienced the same issue and how do we deal with it?

6 Replies

@ErikNymoen93 Hello,

This may be an issue with the device audio settings.

See this resolution for a Windows device on Bose Community Forum.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Windows-10-notification-sound-interrupt-calls-audio...

Hope this provides a resolution for you.

Chris.

I am having this same issue with Sony bluetooth headphones. If I receive a call while in a teams meeting, the audio source becomes inaudible and the microphone no longer works. If I toggle the audio source back and forth, the issue is resolved.

I am having same issues with Jabra headset. Any notification in my mobile hijacks the audio during meetings. 

Hi, I have the same issue with both my Jabra Evolve 75 and Logitech Zone Plus headset and trying to figure out how to resolve the issue. It is impacting all my meetings where audio (sound and mic) gets cutoff every time I receive a Windows Notification. 

@ErikNymoen93 

It's possible that the interruptions in the meeting sound are caused by the audio settings on the computer and/or phone. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Disconnect the headset from the phone: Try disconnecting the Jabra Elite 75 headset from the phone and only connect it to the PC. This can help eliminate any potential conflicts between the phone and PC audio sources.

2. Adjust sound settings on the computer: Check the sound settings on the computer to ensure that the correct audio device is selected for Teams. Go to Settings > System > Sound and select the Jabra Elite 75 as the default device for both input and output.

3. Turn off phone notifications: If the interruptions are caused by phone notifications, consider turning off notifications during meetings. On iOS, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app(s) you want to turn off notifications for, and toggle off "Allow Notifications." On Android, go to Settings > Apps & notifications, select the app(s), and toggle off "Allow Notifications."

4. Use Teams on the phone: If you need to use Teams on the phone during a meeting, consider using the Teams mobile app instead of the phone's built-in speaker. Connect the Jabra Elite 75 headset to the phone and join the meeting through the app.

I hope these suggestions help resolve the issue for your colleagues.
Source: (external link removed by moderator)