SOLVED

Microsoft Teams meeting : how Teams search for attendees ?

Copper Contributor

My config is as follow :

- My email system (@mydomain.com) is onprem

- I have validated @mydomain.com in Office365

- In Exchange Online, I've turned @mydomain.com as "internal relay" instead of "Authoritative"

- I've created Off365 user accounts for 5 people, who will organize Teams meetings, using the default .onmicrosoft.com domain name

- I've assigned O365E1 licenses to these 5 people with Exchange and Teams Service plans enabled

- I've created other company employees as MailEnabled contacts in Office 365

When these 5 people try to organize (from Teams) a Teams meeting, they can't invite other users : Teams display "No results found. Check spelling or try another name." when organizer enter email address or displayname in the attendees fields.

So I was wondering which query does Microsoft Teams send to the directory. Which attributes need to be valued for the query to work ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

2 Replies
best response confirmed by LaurentF1000 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
AFAIK they need to exist in your AAD directory as users. Are these mail enabled users hosted on premises?

@adam deltinger In my first attempt, they were mail contacts (hosted onprem) in AAD.

I just did another test with them as mail enabled users in AAD, and you are right, now I can invite them to Teams meetings (I can't invite mail enable contacts)

So it's easier to invite a user perfectly unknown (which doesn't exist in AAD) than a colleague defined as a mail-enabled contact.

Really strange behaviour.

Thank you,

Laurent

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by LaurentF1000 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
AFAIK they need to exist in your AAD directory as users. Are these mail enabled users hosted on premises?

View solution in original post