SOLVED

Microsoft TEAMS Live Event- Guest Presenter

Copper Contributor

I invited an outside person to be a presenter for a LIVE event. When she clicked the "join now" link, it told her she needed permission to join as a presenter.  I set up the event and was the producer, however, I never got any sort of notification or any mechanism to grant her permissions.  Anyone else have this problem and (more importantly) how to get her to be able to join? 

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
When setting up the live event or when you go to the meeting settings afterwards you can add users and from there choose the role from the under each user.
I’d also suggest inviting the external presenter as a guest in your tenant and ask him/her to switch to your tenant when connecting to the live event! This will work

@adam deltinger  Thanks Adam...(forgive my ignorance)...how do I add her as a guest in my Tenet?  Is there a resource you can suggest? 

thanks again! You're a gentleman and a scholar.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
When setting up the live event or when you go to the meeting settings afterwards you can add users and from there choose the role from the under each user.
I’d also suggest inviting the external presenter as a guest in your tenant and ask him/her to switch to your tenant when connecting to the live event! This will work

View solution in original post