SOLVED

Microsoft Teams keeps recording after a meeting has ended?

Copper Contributor

Hi there, I had a group meeting for 30 people scheduled and recorded it successfully. The meeting now keeps recording and every few hours I get a new 4 hour recording of the last screen shot that was shared. I was the one making the recording, and have of course checked that recording still isn't on. I have re-joined the meeting and there are no other participants on there that I can boot off. I'm not sure what to do? 

8 Replies
I'm having the exact same issue.. no way to contact support on this that I can see..

This issue was just reported to me by a user this morning....perhaps a glitch related to all the meeting updates being rolled out right now?  I'll open a ticket with Microsoft - although I'm sure they are being bombarded right now. In the meantime I will do some testing with the user before their next meeting as we now have the "End Meeting" option....

@Tammy Schwark Has this issue been resolved yet? I am having the same issue. The recording has been going on for the last 23 hours and I get a notfiication every 4 hours. Any assistance would be appreciate it.

Thank you,

@JoshuaP  Hello there - well I didn't open a ticket....the user has since started using the recently new "End Meeting" option and hasn't reported this issue again....didn't spend more time on it as bouncing around.... Do you see that "End Meeting" option in your tenant yet?  If so does this issue still occur when you do an "End Meeting"?  

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Tammy Schwark I found reference to the End Meeting which was supposed to be released in April. I have a version later than the version release referenced. For some reason I don't have the end meeting option avaialble to me. I contacted the original meeting organizer and had them log back into the meeting (24 hours later) and they had the end meeting option available to them which they clicked on. This caused the recording to stop and report the recording had ended after 24 hours of recording. So it's weird to me the recording doesn't stop automatically after all the participants leave the meeting in the first place (especially the meeting organizer). 

@JoshuaP  Found another post about this:  Teams recording won't stop - new 4 hour recording every 4 hours! 

But yes - I agree if all left the meeting and the organizer hung up and didn't actually choose "end meeting" that Teams would recognize there are no longer participants and not long after force the end of that meeting/recording.  There might be a UserVoice request for this....and perhaps it will just be a matter of users getting used to doing this....

This is still an issue and very concerning. It records even after the agreed "record for the meeting once the meeting owner ends the meeting". This should not keep recording participants' audio, video, etc. super concerning,  

Today I have encountered this issue for the first time. I thought for sure that someone must still be connected, but that isn't the case. I agree with @Albertalvarex - this is concerning and frankly, dangerous. It is this type of issue that results in companies seeking alternative meeting options/ applications.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Tammy Schwark I found reference to the End Meeting which was supposed to be released in April. I have a version later than the version release referenced. For some reason I don't have the end meeting option avaialble to me. I contacted the original meeting organizer and had them log back into the meeting (24 hours later) and they had the end meeting option available to them which they clicked on. This caused the recording to stop and report the recording had ended after 24 hours of recording. So it's weird to me the recording doesn't stop automatically after all the participants leave the meeting in the first place (especially the meeting organizer). 

View solution in original post