MIcrosoft Teams integration with PRI system.

Copper Contributor

Good Morning Teams Community,

I am looking for some help.  I'm trying to integrate our company phone system with Microsoft Teams.  However, I have not found a lot of information regarding it. We currently have an old Toshiba PRI system with capability for VOIP.  If not possible, is it possible to port one DID number for conference calling?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

4 Replies

Hi @DougPCI 

We have limited devices which is certified by Microsoft for integrating with Microsoft Teams Direct Routing or PSTN Integration. The list of supported devices are as follows:-

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/direct-routing-border-controllers

In addition in case you belong to one of the country wherein Microsoft Supports the Calling Plans you can check with your provider in case they support for Number Porting then the Numbers can be ported to Office 365 and assigned to a specific user account or Resource Account. 

Countries wherein Microsoft Calling Plans are available

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/calling-plans-for-office-365 

With Regards,

Satish U

@DougPCI 

Hi Doug - hope you and family are safe.

To add to Satish's note, here's a summary of PBX integration options:

1. The model to integrate your existing PBX with Teams would be via Direct Routing.  This can be done via on on-prem SBC, hosted virtual SBC &/or a "direct routing as a service" provider.

2.  In ROI terms, you're comparing cost of ongoing support of existing PBX + cost of current PSTN usage model + cost of SBC vs. cost of MSFT's call plans (in US, this is $12/user or other options if Enterprise Agreement).  You can also do a mix.  If you decide to use any MSFT calling services, you can port your numbers to MSFT (as per the country list Satish listed).

3.  In licensing terms, both models require a pre-req license with Teams (like E1, E3, E5, etc), Phone System license & Audio conferencing service is currently tied to MSFT service (vs use of Direct Routing).

4.  Re:  conferencing - you can port your number(s) to use as Teams bridge lines.  Teams conferencing is PSTN, VOIP, Video, Web up to 250 users.  Or - up to 10,000 with the "Live Event" (webinar) service.

5.  Re:  PBX options --- Teams as Auto Attendant, Call Queues, CDR Logs & a other related toolsets to manage the service.

Hope this helps.

David Bleecker

Hey Dave , @David Bleecker

Thank you for additional information

I wish the same to you and your family .