Microsoft Teams e-mail notifications (mentions, chat, etc.) not working

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I'm evaluating the notification features of Microsoft Teams. Unfortunatly notifications are not sent to users via e-mail. I double checked all settings in Teams, Admin-Center, etc., changed them, waited hours....nothing. It does not work in my trial tenant, in another production tenant, with internal users, guests, or any other account. No notification emails. A few weeks ago I got a notification email from a partner tenant about an missed chat. But since then nothing was in my inbox.

All other email notfications, invitations (Planner, Teams-Invitation, etc.) are working!

Has anyone else an similar issue?

Kind regards

Marc

8 Replies
Keep in mind that email notifications are only sent if you are inactive in Teams! Log out of teams or leave your computer for a period of time 5 min -> and send a @mention to yourself from someone else’s account

@adam deltingerThanks for your suggestion. I followed all advices which can be found in other conversations. I was logged out for a few minutes, hours, and a day and still no email. I logged out from all devices, shut down all applications and still no email if someone mentions my account or leaves a chat message.

It seems this might be broken atm! There are other threads here about this now
Yeah it's totally broken, I've tested it recently and no bueno.
Also having this issue. It's critical for us, because we are guests in a number of orgs, and we rely on receiving email alerts when activity is posted in orgs that we're not currently logged into in the Teams app. The Teams app is *supossed* to show a red-badge count/alert on the icon for the other orgs, but it almost never does, and when we manually switch orgs, it's usually "surprise!" you've missed a bunch of stuff that you were never alerted to by any means.

I tested the notifications a few minutes ago and it worked. Nothing changed in configuration. But it works in my trial tenant. I will check this and report if all notifications will be sent again.

Same  here @MaLuetke - they seem to have started working again as they had been previously, no intervention or changes on our part. Fingers crossed. 

"Team role changes" does not send emails yet,  but thats only a small issue. All other notifications are working