Microsoft Teams Downloaded, Won't Open

Copper Contributor

Hello! I've just downloaded Microsoft Teams to my Macbook Pro. The download went fine, but when I try to open it, I receive this message:

"We're sorry—we've run into an issue. Restart. If that doesn't work, try signing out and back in."

I've tried both, to no avail. Microsoft Office Support sent me here. I just upgraded my OS to El Capitan, so I know it's not that. I need this for a job interview tomorrow, so any help would be appreciated. 

Alternatively, can anyone tell me if the webcam works on the website version of Microsoft Teams? I've heard mixed things, but if it works, I can use that, too. Just want to have my bases covered!

Thank you!

1 Reply

Hello @AndreaIdso,

Have you tried deleting the app and the installer and then downloading Teams again? Are you installing the Teams app as an admin?

The web version will work with webcam but it depends on what browser and what version of the browser you are using. Here is a link to what browsers are supported and how they are supported.  

I would recommend using Teams through Google Chrome for the best results on a Mac.