Microsoft teams doesnt recognise meeting invites

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I can only use teams when being sent a link and opening on the internet although I have an account and have the platform downloaded on my machine.

I have a hotmail account and work email - Im wondering if its getting confused. 

The other day I was attempting to speak to someone using teams the only way I could was to log out of my accounts and open up the internet link - which makes me wonder why am I paying for it if I cant access it fully.

I did also notice I could only chat with someone I was attempting to connect with, the camera and telephone in the top right of screen was blanked out.

Any ideas?

4 Replies
Do you receive the meeting invitation on the same account you are logged into Teams with? do you have an EXO mailbox there as well? Do you see the invitation in your calendar in Outlook?

For this to work properly it is best if you receive the invitation on your M365 account with which you are logged into Teams. If you do not have an Exchange Online mailbox, your organization must have at least one Exchange Hybrid set up for this to work.

Other problems like grayed out buttons etc. can have different backgrounds. Does this work when you log in to the Teams web client?

@Ivo Bättig thanks for the response, I am not sure what an EXO mailbox is?

We use outlook but the email address is googlemail so its an external email.

I can see the invite in my outlook calender and was/am logged in with the same account/email.

The grey out of the two buttons appears in the microsoft teams desktop and also online teams web client.

When you say I need at least one exchange hybrid to work could you clarify please?

Thanks again for your quick response.

Hey @Leeroy060778 

here a short description.. 

EXO = Exchange Online Mailbox

Exchange Hybrid is a Setup between Exchange Online and Exchange on Premise.. but it wouldnt help in your case.. 

I know myself with Google unfortunately bad... as far as I know it needs a special addon for Google...

Install the Teams meeting add-on for Google Workspace (microsoft.com)

if you can use the chat & calls in teams after that I may doubt but you can participate in meetings.

you should at least be able to click on the link in the meeting appointment via your calendar from Google mail.

This is turning into a pointless exercise. Ive now added the add on, when I go to link the account microsoft it saying the admin address isnt recongnised and I need to add it....when Ive looked into this its because I have a personal 365 account not a business. So basically I have to switch to a business account which is extra expense if I want to change my profile. What an absolute nightmare.

Ive also realised I cant add contacts so may as well cancel the subscription, Im not a tech expert, it shouldnt be this difficult.