Copper Contributor

Microsoft Teams disconnects headset after exactly 30 Minutes of Call

Windows 10

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.8663 (64-bit). It was last updated on 4/15/20

Headset EDIFIER

Bluetooth

13 Replies

@mkatsil hi having same issue , 

After i turned off the midi access in teams it did seem to stabilise. But haven used enough to say for sure it has fixed isssue.  

My headphone audio doesn't disconnect by my microphone is not longer connected seems to be consistently 30mins in a teams calls. Both for Bose QC35 ii and Steelseries 9x

@Hull_Aussie 

Hi,

How did you manage to disable the MIDI and dit it work longterm?

Thanks,

Tom

I got the same problem.  Mic got disconnect after 30min.  Did you find a solution?@mkatsil 

I'm having this exact same issue using Bose QC headset. Checked all the settings, works perfectly fine for about 30 minutes before getting an error message related to the mic. Have to turn the headset back on and off for the mic to work. Ridiculous. Anyone found a solution or know what's causing the problem?
Tom
You find it under your icon settings devices. But the key fix was a firmware update to the headphone Bose 700. After firmware update have been very stable use around 4 6 hours a day now without issue.

This seems to be a Microsoft 10 issue.  My friend has used the Edifier W800BT headphones on his laptop and I have used other headphones on my laptop with no problems.  The Edifier W800BT headphones with Microsoft 10 is a problem.  Have gone to power management tabs and disabled allowing power management to automatically switch off but still no fix.

I am very frustrated

@mkatsilSame here. B&O BeoPlay H8, headset disconnects after 30 minutes each time. Doesn't happen with Jabra 65T.

The Edifier headphones are comfortable and lovely to use EXCEPT they disconnect every 30 minutes (exactly every 30 minutes).  When these are used on another computer, not using Windows 10, they do not disconnect.

This seems to be a Microsoft problem which somehow cannot be fixed.  

@ucastrobr 

Thank you very much.  This seems to have sorted out the problem.  I have tried various options to resolve this and have spoken to several "experts" without success but now all seems in order.

Yup, worked for me as well.