Microsoft Teams direct routing location extensions

Copper Contributor

Dear All,

I have a situation wherein 2 locations have same extension range (Loc A 100 to 499 & Loc B 100 to 499), I have already implemented direct routing and with 3 digit extension normalization rule for one location but the problem is when Loc B dials 3 digit extension then it goes to Loc A

Image Loc A is London and Loc B is Frankfurt, both these locations have numbers from their provider in the range of 100 to 499 and they were using local PBX for making all calls routed to PSTN and now they moved to Microsoft Teams direct routing, all functions are working but except this location based extension same ranges

Am not getting an y clear guidance of how to handle such situation, can anyone provide some guidance

please let me know if you have any more questions to help on this

Thanks

Vinoth

1 Reply

Hi @Vmoorthy, to resolve this issue you can create to separate dial plans and assign them accordingly to your users.

For example, you create a dial plan for Frankfurt. In the dial plan FRA you create a normalization rule which normalize a 3-digit number to +49691234567<Dialed 3 digits>.

Then you create a second dial plan for your users from the London location. The dial plan includes a normalization rule to modify a 3-digit extension to a London E.164 number.

Afterwards you assign the FRA dial plan to your FRA users and the second dial plan LON to your London users.

Now it should be possible for the users from each location to dial a local extension.

But at the end, train your users to dial by name instead by extension. Should be simpler and extensions doesn't matter anymore.