Microsoft Teams - Desperately need sounds for people typing and receiving messages.

Copper Contributor

Hi.  My company just switched from Skype to Teams.  I didn't realize how critically dependent I am on the sounds for people typing and when I receive messages.  I run multiple monitors and have dozens of windows open.  I can't see when I get messages so now I am frequently very late to respond.  This is a real problem.

I've looked up this issue and it looks like it has been going on for years.  Is that true? Is there really no way to control the sounds for the different functions?

2 Replies
No you can’t customize the sounds. But you get notification banners and sounds if your notification settings are set to alert on the event taking place.

@Chris Webb Chris, thanks for the reply.  This is a huge disappointment.  I have the banners and sounds turned on but they do not work for me at all.  I now miss every chat message that comes in unless I am staring directly at the Teams application.  Do you know if there are any alternative chat systems we can use?