SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Desktop not showing all callers

Copper Contributor

I can join Teams video calls but cannot see anybody other than the person speaking - the other two people are just round discs with their initials in bottom right corner. I can see myself there but not other people. I have windows 10 and have installed the Teams app. What am I doing wrong? (you can tell by this post I am NOT  a techy person!) 

31 Replies
I originally thought it might be a 20H2 update issue based on timing. A person recommended me to clear the Teams cache, reboot, reinstall, reboot and then try clearing any cached credentials related to the user and office 365. That seems to have worked for us, for now

@Christopher Hoard Hi Chris I've attached a video of the issue. It started happening about 3 weeks ago. Worked perfectly before that.

Kind regards,

Kate

Is there any update on this?  Users in my company have the same issue, but seems to happen intermittently and not to everyone.

I am having this same issue. I am using teams desktop and all of a sudden I can't see any of my colleagues unless I minimize the window and look at the thumbnail. They all have their cameras on but I cant see them. They can see me and I can see myself. My teams is up to date. @Pernille-Eskebo what can be done about this?

@Stella07 

I have this exact problem.  Any solution yet?  

@laurahigginson 

TBH this happened over  a year ago and was resolved but I can;t remember how! 

I also don't know how to get rid of the post - you can tell I'm not  a techy person!!

Same problem here. A screen full of initials, all other team members can see each other. This isn't a problem with their cameras, only with me seeing them. There are lots of people here reporting the same issue so it's not a local problem. 

@Stella07 there is a easy fix.. uninstall teams and start using zoom...or google hangouts, or webex.. Or any other product then teams. 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

I believe I found a fix!  I've been having the same problem for weeks.  No video from other participants, though I can see my own image.  Here's what I did.  During a meeting, I went to the top of the screen, where there are ... (the three dots) and I clicked the "Turn Off Incoming Video"....  The screen changed to show show the initials or the thumbnails of each participant.  I then went right back to the ... and this time selected "Turn ON incoming video" and viola...everyone showed up!  Not sure if this will work forever...but for this meeting anyway, it worked.  If I have to do that every time, fine...rather see a full fix but until microsoft actually replies...this worked for me.  No guarantees it will work for you! @Stella07 

Thanks for posting but this did not work for me. I still have the issue.
I have this issue.
I have the same issue with some of my colleagues. When they try to join the meetings as a first person, the next person that comes in, doesn’t see their video until the camera had turned off then On.