Microsoft teams crashes during video calls.

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have this problem since many weeks now, Microsoft Teams crashes and restart itself 5-10 min after starting a call. The screen share is very slow, meaning that if one of my colleagues shares his screen to me, it takes a very long time for me to see his screen (black screen). When my colleagues activate their camera, the frames per second of the retransmission is very very low, it is very jerky, it is not smooth at all.

When I use my desktop computer, it works perfectly fine, but when I use my laptop (Dell XPS 9300 2020), it is a mess... My laptop has a pretty decent configuration, so it is not a problem of performance. I can also assume that it is not a problem of internet, because my internet is pretty fast.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Teams, nothing was fixed.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Hello @AALI_Mohamed-Amine   Please take a look at the Best Response in this prior post and see if it helps you: Re: MS Teams crashes *sometimes* during Video calls/meetings - Page 3 - Microsoft Tech Community

@ThereseSolimenoHi, thank you for your answer. I uninstalled all my Realtek drivers, and installed the latest drivers for my laptop, but that didn't fix anything. I have a lot of difficulties finding the source of the problem, I don't know if it is something related to my OS, my BIOS configuration, a specific driver... Since broadcasts during video calls are very jerky, same thing for screen shares, I have no idea of what can be the source of the problem.

Hello @AALI_Mohamed-Amine   I'm going to suggest that you reach out to answers.microsoft.com for personalized tech support.