Microsoft Teams causes bluetooth to disconnect after ±30min

Copper Contributor

When I'm in a Microsoft Teams call, bluetooth seems to disconnect after ±30mins. It automatically reconnects, but I'll miss half a minute or so of conversation. Which can be quite annoying in some cases.

It doesn't seem to be connected to my headset itself: it happens both with my Sony headphones (WH-1000XM3) and my Apple AirPods Pro. Both my (Apple) keyboard and trackpad disconnect as well.

I've seen several posts here, but haven't seen a solution other than updating the particular headset. Since, in my case, it doesn't seem to be connected to my specific device, I wonder if there's a solution within Teams.

Edit: when it reconnects after loosing the bluetooth connection, the sound setting is changed to more sound on the left side and the volume is higher than before loosing the connection.

2 Replies

@Lisa_0 I have been having the same problem and it is extremely frustrating. I have not been able to figure out any reason for what's going on.

I have similar Sony headphones as you, WH-H900N. I've never experienced this issue happening while listening to music or any other audio from my Mac. It *only* happens during MS Teams calls.

@jjathman exactly. It doesn't seem connected to the type of headphones though, since my Apple Airpods Pro behave like that as well (and my apple keyboard, apple trackpad also disconnect whenever that happens). And like you say, it ONLY happens when I'm on a teams-call.

It seems like Microsoft Teams videocalls causes some kind of bluetooth-hiccup.