SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Calling

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I have a question regarding teams calling. Is there a way for Microsoft Teams to receive more then 1 call at a time?

For example - I'm on a call with another person and someone else calls me. I am not made aware that someone has called me until the end of my current call - where I will see a missed call in my activity.

My organization is currently setup as Busy-on-Busy, so whenever a person calls me when I am on the phone with someone else, they receive an busy signal. Is there a way for me to be able to see who is calling while I am on another call? This situation will be best described as a front desk/secretary that is fielding multiple calls at once, while placing current calls on hold, etc. - without having to finish the current call.

Also - the front desk/secretary will be using a Teams-enabled VOIP phone from AudioCodes, as we are trying to emulate as close to possible a regular VOIP phone/processes.

Please help!

Thanks,

William

2 Replies
My understanding is that you would need to disable Busy on Busy at the tenant level (e.g. in the global calling policy), then enable it either for specific users, or create a custom policy and enable it there, then apply that custom policy to specific users as required.
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Rob Ellis Thank you for the quick reply. That was it! Totally did not think about that when we enabled that option. Originally, we had an issue with this because users were complaining about not noticing another call come in on their desktop MS Teams application other than while on their current call, the sounds dips down to where you can't hear the other person on the line. We remedied that by enabled Busy-on-Busy - but now we know to create custom policies for specific situations, like the front desk person, etc.

Thanks again Rob.

William

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Rob Ellis Thank you for the quick reply. That was it! Totally did not think about that when we enabled that option. Originally, we had an issue with this because users were complaining about not noticing another call come in on their desktop MS Teams application other than while on their current call, the sounds dips down to where you can't hear the other person on the line. We remedied that by enabled Busy-on-Busy - but now we know to create custom policies for specific situations, like the front desk person, etc.

Thanks again Rob.

William

View solution in original post