Microsoft Teams Calendar Duplicating Items

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone!

So we are currently trying to implement MS Teams into our forever growing network and we are coming up to a couple snags here and there.

The major one that we really care about is in the calendar item bug.

When going to the calendar screen the first thing you see is your current booked days all fine and working. Once you start navigating the calendar though e.g. Clicking the down arrow to go to the next month, all the items in the next month duplicate. They make double of whatever item you had. If you go back to the original month, the previous items that weren't duplicated are now duplicated also.

If you then navigate to the regular conversation tab, or file tab or any other tab than the calendar and then go back to the calendar. (e.g. leaving and coming back to calendar)  Everything has reset back to normal, until you start navigating the page again.

I know that teams haven't fully implemented outlook calendars into the teams system yet (using a url to access rather than fully implementing it) so there may be bugs, but having a constant duplication glitch is really annoying and its one of the main reasons we haven't moved the majority of our workforce over yet.

If anyone has an idea or some info, that would be appreciated!

Thanks - James

6 Replies

Are you talking about the actual Calendar in Teams, or a Calendar that you have added as a Tab? 

@Vasil Michev An added calendar ("outlook" calendar not gmail) as my supervisor advised that was the one we were supposed to use. I didn't even think of the implemented calendar. Either way would that be due to the external calendar?

Hi again, So I have taken a screenshot before navigating the calendar/moving between months and a photo after going forward a month and then back to this month and all the items have duplicated as you can see. Ill add the screenshots (Black lines for privacy of personnel and privacy of business)

Got it. Well if you can reliably reproduce the issue, open a support case. 

@Vasil Michev Myself and all my team members can reliably reproduce the issue. I was just hoping it was a setting due to MS Teams being very new to our network and a setting had been changed incorrectly.

Was hoping someone ran into this issue before so it would be a quick fix.

Thank you!

- James 

@JamesBlount 

Did you ever get this figured out?  I have the same problem trying to set up a calendar for my Team.  

Becky