SOLVED

Microsoft teams app is incompatible on Samsung galaxy(GT-P5113) . Android Version 4.2.2

Copper Contributor

Dear Team,

I am using samsung tab 10.1 version . The device model number is GT-P5113 . This is running android version 4.2.2. When i go to google store to download microsoft teams app , it says app incompatible with the device. Could you confirm if there is an alternative /workaround or when a new update version of the team's will be available  

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@morusupallihari
Hi,

Unfortunately Android 4.2.2 is not supported
"Hardware requirements for Teams on mobile devices

You can use Teams on these mobile platforms:

• Android: Compatible with Android phones and tablets.

Support is limited to the last four major versions of Android. For example, when a new, major version of Android is released, the Android requirement is the new version and the three most recent versions that precede it."
    Source 

@Tomas_S  I don't understand all this steps to come here and hope it's ok

but I was searching about upgrading our Samsung S5 to be able to use Teams.  Since as it is we receive a 'incompatible phone' warning when trying to install the Team App. 
It would have been more useful to be told these phone can't be upgraded to a suitable OS if this is the case, rather than using 'unfortunately' 
Perhaps it can be clarified, unless it's my loss not to be able to understand

Regards mm

@michelmnrgmailcom hi I have galaxie A8 7.7 version I get same message?

thank you

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@morusupallihari
Hi,

Unfortunately Android 4.2.2 is not supported
"Hardware requirements for Teams on mobile devices

You can use Teams on these mobile platforms:

• Android: Compatible with Android phones and tablets.

Support is limited to the last four major versions of Android. For example, when a new, major version of Android is released, the Android requirement is the new version and the three most recent versions that precede it."
    Source 

View solution in original post