Microsoft Teams Active Chats Not Opening

Copper Contributor

When using Teams, I am unable to switch between active chats, because when I click on the "Chat" Icon on the left-hand menu bar, nothing happens. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, rebooting my computer, but nothing seems to help. 

4 Replies

@Kennedy_Amber 

There's been an ongoing issue among multiple clients and tenants where they are no longer seeing incoming new chats or notifications on the desktop app. There was an incident in MS Health #TM285554, but mysteriously it's status was changed to "Investigation Suspended" and here we are, left completely in a lurch. The problem seems to be getting worse, not better...we have reported multiple times. I wish I had a clue as to what is going on.

Screenshot 2021-09-22 135824.png

@TLCAdmin - Then there is truly no hope, Gods help us. :(

The suggested "fix" of removing some appdata files/folders did not work for myself or any of my clients. That thread seems to indicate that this is an ongoing issue and that supposedely MS is aware of it and working on it, yet there is no incident or advisory posted in the M365 health center. Surely someone "in the know" from MS or elsewhere monitors these forums and can comment?