Microsoft Team Synchronization Issue

Copper Contributor

Recently we are getting feedback from users on the synchronization issue on Microsoft team between application, web and mobile.

There are 2 scenario that was happening to the user as given below.

1. User can received the message from other user via web and mobile but not in application.
  2. When user switch with their tenant, the notification message was popped up but no message was shown on the chat banner.
8 Replies

@frankson-ng : Please update the version number of Teams Appication that is being used

@Surya_Pammi : Thank you for your reply. User are in latest version on Teams App as shown below.
Teams version : 1.4.00.22472 (64-bit)
May I know if any antivirus software installed on End user machines ? If so please let me know the software and version
Thank you for your help. Our user are using anti-virus software for Cylance Protect version 2.1.1564.40.

@frankson-ng : 

Kindly once check if there are any exclusions added so it is blocking MS Teams. Also please try clearing Cache in following locations for one of the users and validate if the issue is fixed.

%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\databases
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\cache
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\gpucache
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Indexeddb
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
%AppData%\Microsoft\teams\tmp
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies
%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data
Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files
Internet Explorer Cookies

Please mark this as Best response if it helps resolving your issue
@Surya_Pammi : Thank you for your reply. We have tried with this solution. But it has solved for few days and after few days the issue happening again.
@Surya_Pammi : Just wondering if you had any updates on this post? I have multiple people in my organisation across both Windows and and OSX platforms experiencing this too. I have feeling it's related to a new version/update released recently maybe? Thank you.

@GiriAU : There is a lacking in notification and message viewing while switching between multiple tenants in Teams application. At this moment it is easy to miss the conversations from other tenants. Only work around to make sure conversations are not missed is to login to second tenant on separate Browser and turn on Notifications.