Microsoft team meeting - Issue

Copper Contributor

Hi

I have scheduled one MS team meeting. Later I have scheduled another similar meeting copying the link/detail from the previous meeting.  Now I am not able to cancel first meeting as 2nd meeting is active with the same detail/link.

Now I want to update 2nd meeting with a new meeting link/details.  please help how to update? 

Thanks in advance

Mala

4 Replies

@Malas1665 

It should be the easiest option to just create a new one. You can copy the attendants from the old meeting though. In most cases it is best practice to not copy one meeting join link into multiple meetings.

Sven

@seidenbergsven 

Thank you for your reply. I agree I did wrong copying the previous meeting.

Now, I can create new one copying all attendees. However, I'm not able to cancel the old meeting (with same id/link details) since there is 1 more active meeting with same link/details. 

If I cancel the old meeting, it get cancelled/deleted for the organizer only and not updating all attendees and also attendees didn't receive cancel notification.  That is why I am trying to find whether I can update other meetings with new link/details.

- Mala

@Malas1665 The links to join a meeting are generate during creation process, so there is no way to create a link seperately. 

You can try to make the meeting a "non Teams meeting" and after that make it "Teams Meeting" again, but this is guessing I can't test it right now.

@seidenbergsven 

Thank you. I'm not sure how to make "non-teams meeting".. Tried but no option.

- Mala