Microsoft Team Error: Mac login only

Copper Contributor

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 3.17.08 PM.png

Hi all,

So I have tried finding this error or similar errors and have tried their solutions but to no avail. I don't have a firewall restriction on teams, and my wifi doesn't seem to be the issue because my android phone app (which is connected to the same internet source as my macbook) works just fine. 

I have tried restarting things, re-downloaded the app, trying going to the "online version," etc. However, one thing I cannot do is "sign out." When I click "signing out" on the screen I've pasted above, or right clicking the Teams icon on my dock and signing out from there, it doesn't do anything. 

Feel free to let me know if I am missing something obvious haha :)  

Update: Hello friends, somehow the problem has resolved itself. I did try numerous things including resetting my router, restarting my computer again, re-downloading the app, praying to the computer gods, etc and something worked. 

5 Replies

@HarmeenD 

Just out of interest, could you try a completely new Mac User profile, login with that, then try Teams again to see what happens?

@PeterRising I'm not sure I completely understood the suggestion, but I did sign out and sign in as guest and try the same thing, and that did not seem to resolve anything. However, I did try signing in on a PC as well, and it worked. I am currently trying to boot up an old macbook and see if it is just my mac or a general mac problem. 

Yes that is what I was suggesting. I thought logging in as someone else might help.

@HarmeenD 

Sometimes these things do end up fixing themselves. I'm glad to hear it is all working now.

Yeah, thankfully. I appreciate your help :)