Microsoft store set up my personal email as a company team of the service provider - how to undo

Copper Contributor

When I purchased by Surface Pro 7 a year ago at a Microsoft store - I inquired about Teams (this was before I new what it was and before I used it all the time work) and the MS employee setup my Teams account and associated with the company that provides my email.   Example, if email was joe@aol.com, it was set up as if I was a member of AOL company, not as a personal free Teams account.    Now I cannot set up a Personal Teams account with my personal email because MS system says email already associated with an account.  

But I cannot remove my account or change it - because I need to be the admin for the company of my email service provider - ie in this example AOL admin - but I don't work for AOL - I just want a free Personal Teams account using my Personal Email.

I cannot remove the account, not can I change it.   I assume the MS employee used some admin privileges when he installed teams on my Surface. 

How can I remove this  Teams account without removing my overall Microsoft account which allows to all other MS items with my personal 

3 Replies

Hi @Randy306  - I'm going to see if one of our experts can help you.

@Linus Cansby - do you have any suggestions for this user?

@ThereseSolimeno 

Thank you.   The message I get when I log into teams says:

"Someone has already set up Teams for your organization"   "Ask your admin to get your started with Teams, or set up another org in tams using a different email address"

"user a different email"

Issue is - my personal email is not associated with an organization.