Microsoft Phone System integration with Dynamics365 CRM

Copper Contributor

Does anyone know if an integration between the Microsoft Phone System in Teams and Dynamics365 CRM is in the works?  Would like to switch from our existing cloud hosted phone system provider to Microsoft's phone system but need dialing/screen-pop capabilities integrated with CRM. 

19 Replies

Hi @Kevin_Wydra, I'm not sure if you can expect a native integration for Teams Phone System and Dynamics365 in the near future. I'd say this is usually partner business.

There are a few partners who offer (third party) software services to integrate CRMs and telephony. E.g.

• Anywhere365,
  • Luware,
  • LandisTechnologies

The question is what are your requirements?

And is there a need for phone system integration or could maybe a bot integration or similar do the job? So, in case you need reverse number lookup and display a number based on your CRM etc. you probably need a third party software service/integration.

@Erik365Online 

I completely agree that there absolutely should be native Screen pop (i.e. CRM PHONE CALL Activity) integration from MS Phone System to Dynamics 365. No need for a Vendor IMO. An incoming call should lookup via DID or DNIS match to a CRM phone number field and pop into Account, Contact, (lead if no match), Case or Opp. 

If we want to do better than Salesforce, then lets actually do better. This is but one really simple battle card item to do just that. We'll talk about call recording and outbound calling campaigns later.

Any news about this crm / teams integration? maybe going to use teams phone system end would be nice to now a bit more about crm / teams integration...

Nothing yet. I wish I knew if this was on the Roadmap. If it weren't we would build and support it as an offering

OK so we're at a cross-roads with this.  We're looking at other voice providers and 3rd party products to link VOIP with Dynamics, purely because Phone System wasn't available in Australia.  With the changes to the SBC model, we can now look at running Teams Phone with local SIP / PSTN providers, but I see the gap here now that this would leave with Dynamics integration.  

@Bryan Tuttle I agree that maybe this isn't on the cards - I can't find anything about this either.  Perhaps the CIF could work?  Perhaps the Teams/Dynamics integration that already exists could be extended to support call outcomes and call lookups in teams and infeed the data in to Teams in a creative way.

The thing is, there are other partners that are already offering this but not native Phone System / Teams integration without extra cost.  So it's the likes of Twilio, Aircall, Ring-Central, Anywhere365, Tenfold etc. that can come to the party to connect 1 Microsoft product to another Microsoft product :)

@Bryan Tuttle how quickly can you write it? :)

@Bryan Tuttle We have written a Microsoft Teams Integration (In Meeting Application that is wired into Dynamics 365. It's in beta now. If there are anyone interested in Beta testing this application please let me know. While this is not Voice integration in CRM. It does enable Teams users the ability to track there current teams calls in CRM. 

@Bryan Tuttle 

We could be interested in testing the beta version out for our customers. Can you let me know:

1. What features it entails? 

2. What license requirements there are in the event customers would want to leverage it in production at a later stage?

3. Does this require any changes to an existing Teams set up or is a demo environment of Teams is available?

4. Is the beta version available for Denmark?

Thanks in advance.

@Bryan Tuttle Hi Bryan,

Certainly would be interested to know more about the Team to CRM beta integration. Please send on information and I'll see if we can support testing on it.

@Bryan Tuttle we would be very interested in beta testing this functionality as well.

@Bryan Tuttle Your solution may meet our needs to. I want to .quick create a Lead in MSDCRM having take a phone call on Teams, particularly on mobile/handy/cell phone format. I will be looking at Power Apps but your development seems relevant too 

Hi Bryan.

We would also be interested in testing you software.

Best regards
Kristian
Hi Bryan,
I'm interested in that solution.
Please let me know how I can get and test it.

Thanks

@Keltec-AU We have a Solution in place, Prodcut Site not in English at the Moment, but the Prodcut is avaialbe in English as well 

https://www.dynamicsconsulting.de/de/dynamics-365-crm-erp/dynamics-365-integration/dynamics365-telef...

We would be happy to demo the solution to you guys

@DynamicsonsultingGmbH 

Thank you for your reply. The product looks useful and interesting. Our current use of D365 does not involve volume calling x multiple personnel so we need to keep product costs to a minimum. Having said that I would be interested to know more.

@David_Cooksey @Kevin_Wydra 

This was announced at Ignite, and is now available in preview :astonished_face: It captures audio, transcribes the call, produces AI insights about seller productivity and customer sentiment. This is huge:

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/dynamics365/bdm/2021/03/02/dynamics-365-and-microsoft-teams-extend-...

Do you guys know if this integration is available yet? I've followed the link and it look like exactly what we are requiring w.r.t telephony integration between Team and Dynamics.....but is it up and running yet?

@PaulDamant I havent see details integrations yet, just word of mouth

@hostis_72 Hi Everyone,  This is Pat one of the solution architects for CallTower.  CallTower is a premier Microsoft partner since 2008, currently a Gold Partner and CSP since 2011.  We have been hosting and providing voice services to MS products going back to the OSC/Lync days and hosted S4B which we are mostly sunsetting and migrating customers to MS Teams.  We are co-located with Microsoft in geo-redundant data centers and connected to MS via the MAPS (MS Azure Peering Service) network.  We have been doing hosted direct routing as a service to MS Teams customers pre-pandemic, first customers turned up November 2018 and have hundreds of happy MS Teams direct routing customers.  We recently have been chosen by MS as one of the few Operator Connect carriers and can be seen in your Teams admin portal under Operator Connect.  We have customers today doing MS Teams voice with Dynamic's o365 CRM integration.  The extent of our Dynamics 365 integration is very simple, a Teams user's phone call ingresses from a carrier to our Class 5 Microsoft Metaswitch (also Geo-Redundant) and before we even route that call to the MS Teams tenant our CT Cloud Unite product "small PC application/plug in" is bouncing that caller ID number against the dynamics 365 API searching for customer accounts, contact, leads and/or users.  If we find a record we auto screen pop a browser window to the record Unite finds.  After the call ends we can write an activity in that Dynamic's customer profile of the calling, called number and duration of the phone call.  At this time we can only do this for inbound calls to the customer MS Teams DID but I can say it is simple, cost effective and works well.  I had a customer I helped turn up before the Christmas break who bought 100 CRM licenses and currently this group of 100 employees enjoys Dynamics 365 automatic screen pops and call logging when their users receive MS Teams calls.  This screen pop happens fast and by the time the user answers the MS Teams phone call the customer record is already front and center.  Please check us out at https://calltower.com or email Email address removed for more info.  I believe we are still the only DRaaS provider who can provide voice and conferencing services to MS Teams GCC High subscribers and recently recognized by Frost and Sullivan as a top 10 innovative UCaaS supplier Frost & Sullivan Study Highlights CallTower's Microsoft Teams - CallTower  I look forward to providing a demo of our Teams voice solution and remember Calltower is a one stop shop for UC, we can design a full communications solutions centered around MS Teams but add-in missing services  such as MS Teams SMS texting, Contact Center with Teams integration, door entry, Teams paging, fax and integration to 3rd party SIP devices are all value adds we provide our customers.    

@Bryan Tuttle 

Hello Bryan, I would be interested to have more details on your beta API to connect a CRM / ERP to Teams phone system. If I understood correctly, when an agent receives a call from Teams from his client or prospect, automatically he will be able to find the account or prospect record on Dynamics (or others softwares ?) associated with the incoming phone number?