Microsoft Graph Presence API is not returning the correct activity when a user is Out of Office

Copper Contributor

I'm using the presence API to get the presence of users but it seems that the activity property is returning the same value of the availability when a user is OOO.

I've tested this on the Graph Explorer and the values returned are not consistent with what we see in Microsoft Teams.

2020-07-20_11-11-41.png

In a dev tenant I am able to get the correct value for the activity, sice I am seing two differnet behaviours I am wondering what may be causing it, since nothing is explained in the official documentatation and the values should match what is being displayed in Teams.

right presence.PNG

Does it requires any extra permission like mailbox settings to get the OOO in the Graph presence API?

Is there any limitation to get the activity defined by the applications using the Presence API?

4 Replies

Is there already a solution to this? I am experiencing the same issue.

@João Ferreira just wondering if you found out what the issue was here. I am experiencing the same problem.

Thanks,
Dave

@DaveHmp  My team brought the issue under the attention of Microsoft and they are working on it right now, so hopefully there will be a fix soon.

@MartijnSchotel thanks. Do you by any chance have a link to the bug/work item that Microsoft are working on so that we can track it? Thanks, Dave.