Microsoft Delivers Control for Teams Background Blur and Effects

MVP

Microsoft has updated the Teams meeting policy to introduce a new control over video filters in Teams meetings. The VideoFiltersMode setting controls if people can use background blur and background effects, including the ability to upload custom images. A client update is needed to respect the new setting. It will come at the end of May.

https://office365itpros.com/2020/05/11/microsoft-delivers-control-teams-video-effects/

5 Replies

@Tony Redmond 

Can Microsoft teams background picture be managed by admin for his organization. Can he ensure that everyone across his organization has a single background and not customize it. Please do share the steps if possible please.

Regards

Anamika

@Tony Redmond 

Greetings!!! Thank you for your response.

Regards

@Tony Redmond any idea if / when this could be coming? Ideally I'd like to be able to push out backgrounds for initiatives such as International Women's / Men's day etc. Or is it just via PowerShell at the moment? 

@Nixxiola It's certainly a feature that has been asked for, but as I don't work for Microsoft, I have no idea if they will implement this kind of functionality. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised either if they did.