Microsof Teams make me leave the chat without doing anything

Copper Contributor

I have a very big issue. I have a free account and I login the app with my company email address. To chat with members of another organization they start a new meeting inviting me via email, I enter the meeting and the chat, but suddenly after the call is closed, without any reason, it appears that I left the chat so I can't write anymore, I've been trying to understand the source of the problem for weeks. A colleague of mine follows the same procedures and has no problem, he never left the chat.

A colleague of mine follows the same procedures and has no problem, he never left the chat

Sorry for my english.

6 Replies
Hi,

Do you know what sort of meeting it is. So have they just used Teams as the location or is it bound to a Channel of a Team etc.

When you just go into Teams, into your org. Do you see a drop does towards the top right to switch into the context of the other Org where the meeting is taking place.

If no, does the person for who this works as expected get that option?

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

Thank you for the answer.

Is a normal meeting, sometimes I'm able to stay in the chat for hours, sometimes as I close the call I leave the chat, now I tried to start a meeting my self and when they close the call they leave the chat, I can still write in the chat because I'm the admin.

Hi @RickCiaahd ,

Mmmmm, not sure without seeing as unfortunately there is not a normal meeting as such in Teams.

What I can recommend however is that when a meeting is scheduled, do not bind it to a Channel of a Team, that way both sides of the meeting should still be able to continue chat etc. via the Chat area of Teams. Also this has the added bonus of not having to switch Orgs within Teams either.

Apologies in advance if the above is what you are already doing.

Thanks

Henry

Hi, @HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

I don't even know how to bind the meeting to a channel of a team, maybe I do it without knowing it.

Thanks

Hi @RickCiaahd ,

Sorry, should have explained better.

So this can be auto populated depending on where the Meeting was instigated from, but basically when creating a meeting and specifying a time, attendees etc.

You have this option: 

henryarphillips365_0-1596443056261.png

Thanks

Henry

Hi, @HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

No, I've never seen this option. I can try again to get invited again to see what happens, but I'm almost sure that I will leave again the chat with no explanation.