Microsof teams connectivity at chat - longpoll.sync is down

Copper Contributor

I run Microsoft Teams version 1.4.00.4971 (it was last upgraded at 18/03/21) on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 The chat stops to work after ~ 5 minutes,  message "You're offline..." appears at the top, I'm not able to send and to receive the chat messages, the diagnostic log (it is attached bellow) contains the messages
AppState: App state changed from Interactive to Disconnected due to longpoll.sync is down with code undefined after 80.618 seconds
AppState: Service ChatSync up state changed from true to false due to longpoll.sync is down with code

In the same time the host remains connected to the internet - not only I'm able to browse with different browsers, the ping reaches different known hosts and among them known Microsoft end-points, the team status appears as "Available" and I'm able to perform the video calls. It is all only about the chat!
There is some VPN tunnel installed on my host, I check it setup very carefully and it seems that none of the known MS Teams ports or endpoints are blocked. Also be aware that the application chat works as expected few minutes, so that would it be blocked it won't work at all.

I had reinstalled and upgraded the MS Teams client a number of times, I had restarted the host, it still does not work.
What is that "longpoll.sync is down..." message? What else can I check or change to make the chart to work?

0 Replies