SOLVED

Microphone issue

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with the microphone and the Microsoft Teams App. Whenever I try to turn on the microphone during a meeting, my PC crashes. This happens even when I try to change settings via Settings -> Devices. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the app or download older versions, but nothing works. My operating system is Windows 10 and I have also set that teams are allowed to use the microphone. With other apps like Skype etc. my microphone works. Has anyone ever had a similar problem and can help me?

Thanks a lot

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @MaxMe96 

I have had similar issues with Web Cams but basically for the type of issue you are experiencing I would not be targeting the Teams app in my troubleshooting.

But more the hardware device itself or namely the Drivers of the device.

So in the first instance I would ensure that you have the most up to drivers installed for your Microphone and see if that helps.

Also see if around the time of the crash, if anything more useful error message wise occurred in the event logs by going to Start > Run > eventvwr

You could also right click the Teams icon in the System Tray (Bottom right hand corner) and do a get logs.

Thanks

Henry

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @MaxMe96 

I have had similar issues with Web Cams but basically for the type of issue you are experiencing I would not be targeting the Teams app in my troubleshooting.

But more the hardware device itself or namely the Drivers of the device.

So in the first instance I would ensure that you have the most up to drivers installed for your Microphone and see if that helps.

Also see if around the time of the crash, if anything more useful error message wise occurred in the event logs by going to Start > Run > eventvwr

You could also right click the Teams icon in the System Tray (Bottom right hand corner) and do a get logs.

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post