Members still receiving meeting invitations for channel meetings in org-wide team

Brass Contributor

Hi,

we created a public team back in the days (mid 2020) and then edited it to be an org-wide team. Right now we are trying to schedule channel meetings _without_ all of our employees getting invitations to this meeting.

I removed all subscriber links with Remove-UnifiedGroupLinks, set AlwaysSubscribeMembersToCalendarEvents and AutoSubscribeNewMembers to false but still all users of our tenant get an invitation for every channel meeting.

On a separate tenant I also created a public team and converted it to an org-wide team within teams. Strangely, as soon as I remove peoples subscriptions via Remove-UnifiedGroupLinks it works and the users dont get an invitation.

Any ideas why this is not working on our main tenant?

Best regards

2 Replies

You cannot control the "calendar subscription" links via PowerShell, and the parameters you mentioned only work for newly added members. Each user that still receives invitations can unsubscribe from within OWA.

Hey Vasil, are you sure? Should be able to use this script (for example) https://office365itpros.com/2020/10/21/update-teams-send-meeting-invitations-to-members/ but with the Remove-UnifiedGroupLinks as mentioned above. Or am I missing something?