SOLVED

Members and guests are zero(0) for private channel

Copper Contributor

Hi,
I have a team with the name "My Company Team" and a few public channels and one private channel with the name "Secret Place".

If I'm the owner of this private channel "Secret Place" when I click on "manage channel" I can see all members BUT when I'm a member of this private channel "Secret Place"  I cannot see all members by clicking "manage channel", I see only the owner and blurred/greyed "Members and quests (0)"

Can this option be changed somehow, so members can see members of private channels?

5 Replies
That's not expected. If you are a member of a Private Channel you should see other members and owners
best response confirmed by imarinov (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I`m seeing this behaviour on Teams for Windows and Teams for macOS but not for Teams for iOS.

I log-out and log-in and I'm seeing members in private channels. Can be a cache issue after auto-update of Teams?

@imarinov I have the same issue. One channel is private and has members but shows (0). As I cannot remember who I added, I try to add someone and get a message stating 'One member already exists in this channel' but I didn't know as I cannot see the list of members. I am Owner of the team site.

MaggieH_0-1620157613254.png

MaggieH_1-1620157643678.png

Try with "my solution", sign-out -> sign-in... for clearing the cache.
Thank you - I had one user try signing out and back in, which worked. For myself, I logged into O365 for Teams, and then out, and my desktop app refreshed, showing accurately.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by imarinov (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I`m seeing this behaviour on Teams for Windows and Teams for macOS but not for Teams for iOS.

I log-out and log-in and I'm seeing members in private channels. Can be a cache issue after auto-update of Teams?

View solution in original post