Meetings set up with teams email not showing on calendar

Copper Contributor

Hi, we are on coronavirus lockdown and have quickly moved to Teams last week. We are using the channels to set up meetings as live events are not enabled. However the meetings are not showing on the students calendar. I tried copying the channel email and sending the meeting invite through that but it doesn't work on my account at all although this option seems to have worked for some teachers. The weird thing is I am the one who set everyone's teams. Any ideas ?

23 Replies

@Senfer Thank you so much for your post. It brought a smile on my face that someone else if having the same issue. In my case I used to see the meetings in the calendar and lately they have disappeared. I am talking about Android App of MS Teams. You post gave me an encouragement and I used the basic suggestion gave by a great software organization few years back, which is to restart. I uninstalled and installed back the app and could not believe my eyes as all meetings appeared back in the calendar.

Once again, thank you so much for taking out time and posting this question.

Thanks,

Chetan

@Senfer 

We have similar problems when we schedule meetings from Teams calendar.

Scheduled meetings with classes (students) are showing in everybody's calendar and invites are sent automatically to all members and owners in the MS Teams group, who are in that channel. and we don't need to list the members.

Scheduled meetings with staff members only are not showing in anybody's calendar except the person who creates the meeting and invites are not sending to them either.

Do manual list is pointless when you have 50+ members ... that why MS teams groups were working. It was all ok during the first lockdown, but now we are struggling with these unknown meetings.

@Senfer

I am having the same problem, but here's something interesting: Some of my meetings show up on ALL devices, but I have a group of invites that won't show up on my Mac.  All invites show up on my iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 14.4) and my husband's Mac (Catalina), but only certain invites show up on my Mac (Big Sur). I assumed it was a Big Sur problem, and since the problem seems localized to a single meeting organizer, I'm guessing it has to do with how they send the invite, but I don't understand why only my Mac has the problem.

@guent1k 

Ahh that's an interesting observation, thank you for sharing this. I am starting to get an impression that MS Teams is perhaps doing something different in the way invites are sent. I am also inclined to think if it relates to the way MS is developing apps. What I am referring here is apps in the Microsoft Store, apps in mobile, apps in Apple store etc.. This is based on purely my personal experiences.

Anyway, coming back to original observation on Big Sur, if I were you, I will uninstall teams, restart the Mac and install Teams again to see if this helps.

Thanks,

Chetan