Meetings initiated in Teams don't appear in the group calendar

Iron Contributor

Trying to find a way to leverage group calendars so channel members in a team can create meetings in Teams, send invites and add the meeting/event to a group calendar and also see a list of upcoming events similar to the Sharepoint events page. But when I create a meeting in Teams,  it doesn't appear in the group calendar and so doesn't appear in a group calendar web part added to a Sharepoint page. If I create the meeting in Outlook web, it does appear in the group calendar but we're trying to use Teams as a one stop shop so people don't have to bounce around different apps..

It seems all the tooling is there for this obviously useful option, but as usual, Msft misses the mark in implementation/design. 

Is there a way to do this or should I look for a non Msft solution? 

(PS we use Exchange on premise not online if that makes a difference).

3 Replies

If you create the meeting via the "meet now" button, it will not appear in the calendar. Use the "schedule a meeting" option instead.

@Vasil Michev Yes, that's what I used - "schedule a meeting". Does the fact that we use Exchange on premise have any effect on this?

Well yeah, you need to perform additional configuration for such scenarios: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/exchange-teams-interact