Meetings belonging to a channel won't show up in search and chats

Copper Contributor

Starting a meeting that belongs to a specific channel is awesome, big like for that.

However, these meetings do not show up in "Chat" in the sidebar an (which is more problematic) can't be found by the meeting's name. I'm trying to convince my colleagues that everything can be found by the search function, but it can't.

Is this a bug or by design? I understand, that the content can be found by going to the calender and selecting the meeting manually, but that's not what I'd like to propose my colleagues.

Thanks.

7 Replies

Hi @janka920   I'm going to ask @Christopher Hoard to comment on your situation - AFAIK, all meetings should have a conversation showing in the sidebar unless attendees have chosen to leave or hide it.

Hi!
This is because channel meeting chat's are linked to the conversations tab in that team-channel. The history is in there in that channel. That also means that if you are not part of the team, you cannot access it. Otherwise a search in the posts tab in that channel the meeting was conducted in, will get you the results

Adam

Hi @adam deltinger,

Which conversation tab do you mean? Posts? 

janka920_0-1607422022516.png

I understand that the conversations done during a meeting show up here. The main point is that people actually don't find them when they search for the meeting's name via global search (the user is member of the team).

Even when searching in the channel where the meeting is located (which presumes that the user already knows where the meeting took place ;)), the meeting name does not show up.

Thanks,

Jan

Thanks! Where in the sidebar would you expect them to show up?
You can use Ctrl + F to fins messages in the channel meeting chat.. The name of the meeting is not searchable afaik

Correct, the meeting name can't be found. That said, what's the recommended way to find the meeting's conversation? People usually have to many teams and channels to find the right channel, that's why I was asking for the search function.

Even worse: They can find regular meeting invites via search, but not the ones relating to a channel. "Normal" users don't know the difference between regular standard meetings and the ones belonging to a channel and they don't want to. They just want to find the meeting notes + conversation.

Thanks

I get it.
Feel free to request or upvote this here:
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/

Otherwise a recommendation is to teach users the differences between normal/channel meetings since this can effect who will be able to see chat etc.