SOLVED

Meeting vs. Channel meeting

Copper Contributor

Dear Community, we are using Teams for on-line lectures. This means I have to setup the meeting with only selected presenter allowed, so I must use general meeting without linking a specific team. However, it would be very useful to have the chat, files etc. available later on in the posts of the subject-specific Team... Any ideas how to make this work?

4 Replies

@MarRez 

When setting up the meeting within a specific channel, you can edit your meeting select meeting options, and choose the presenters as shown below.

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 19.18.34.png

If I have understood the requirement correctly, I think this should achieve what you are looking to do?

@PeterRising 

Unfortunately, that is exactly the problem = it is not possible to assign specific presenters for channel meetings, see below:

MarRez_0-1601019726300.png

@MarRez 

Ah OK I am with you now.  I didn't drill down further and actually try it.  

Looks like we can expect it to come at some point though.  

Also, if you want to vote for this feature, you could look to see if there is an existing User voice for it at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/ and if not, you could start one yourself.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@MarRez Hello, the ability to select specific presenters isn't yet available for channel meetings. But you can choose the other options.

image.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@MarRez Hello, the ability to select specific presenters isn't yet available for channel meetings. But you can choose the other options.

image.png

View solution in original post