Meeting recording is not automatically generate in the meeting chat

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

It happened to my big meetings (for >100 meeting participants) that the meeting recording will not be automatically generated in the meeting chat. It will send an email with a link to the user who initiate the meeting recording instead. May I know if it is the expected behavior and for what kind of the scenarios that it won't generate the meeting recording post directly in channel or chat? 

Thanks!

3 Replies

@Veeko Hello, what subscription do you use? I suppose you haven't opted in for the new storage location as the scenario you're describing sounds like "classic Stream".

"The person who started the recording receives an email from Microsoft Stream when the recording is available. It also shows up in the meeting chat—or in the channel conversation if you’re meeting in a channel."

If it didn't show up in the chat or channel perhaps there was an error involved. Either way your org. should opt in using OneDrive and SharePoint instead.

I'm attaching some info, please read and get back with any further questions.

Use OneDrive for Business and SharePoint for meeting recordings - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

Play and share a meeting recording in Teams - Office Support (microsoft.com)

Record a meeting in Teams - Office Support (microsoft.com)

Hi @ChristianBergstrom,

Thanks for the reply. My subscription is Office 365 E3 and our current company policy is still put our meeting recordings on MS Stream.

I thought the switchover enforcement is adjusted to July this year? Since sharing recordings on OneDrive/ Sharepoint would lose some valuable functionalities so we still keep using the Classic Stream now.
https://practical365.com/blog/microsoft-delays-switchover-from-stream/

According to this document you shared, it stated that it should still show the recording directly in channel or chat...but it is not the case to my big meetings.

"The person who started the recording receives an email from Microsoft Stream when the recording is available. It also shows up in the meeting chat—or in the channel conversation if you’re meeting in a channel."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/record-a-meeting-in-teams-34dfbe7f-b07d-4a27-b4c6-de62f13...

Do you have any thoughts? Thanks for your time in advance!
Hello, it's been some time since I used the "classic Stream" so can't tell if they changed something or verify the behavior. But if the support pages doesn't correspond with your experience you better contact the official support instead. Is this happening for all your meeting recordings? You said "big meetings" so made me wonder. You're correct that there's a feature gap and it's work in progress. You can opt-in anytime and do not have to wait for the new storage location, the hard switch will be later though as noted.