SOLVED

Meeting-invitation not working within a HTML Form

Copper Contributor

When creating a Teams meeting the invite link works when it is shared purely (via messenger, email etc.).

But:

In my organisation we need to hold public meetings, which we tried to do via Teams. So we put the invite link on our website but within a HTML form used for data protection consent:

<div class="form">
    <form action="INVITE-LINK" target="_blank">
        <div class="checkbox">
            <input id="check" type="checkbox" required="">
            <label><b>CONSENT-TEXT</b></label>
        </div>
        <button type="submit" id="submitchat" class="button" style="width: 100%; background: #288a3d; color: white; border-color: #288a3d;">GO TO MEETING</button>
    </form>
</div>

When the checkbox is checked and the link is clicked everything seems fine as the user gets forwarded to the Teams meeting pre-join-page where he can check his settings.

But when he tries to enter the meeting, it won't work saying "Sorry, we couldn't connect you".

This only happens via the HTML form. It seems like the form is interfering with the forwarding process which definitely shouldn't be normal, right? In my opinion you should be able to embed the invite link in every environment...

No difference if on Teams Desktop or Web btw.

Support staff told me they wouldn't support HTML :unamused:

Any ideas? :sad: Would be very grateful!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by AStA_PH_LB (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hmmm,

What happens if you rebrand the join link with a URL rebrander such as Rebrandly or Bitly? Same issue?

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard thanks a lot!

URL Rebranding and embedding this into out form fixed the issue :happyface:

Sometimes it can be pretty easy, I guess...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AStA_PH_LB (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hmmm,

What happens if you rebrand the join link with a URL rebrander such as Rebrandly or Bitly? Same issue?

Best, Chris

View solution in original post