meeting: Hide my video from all participants except the teacher

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone. In a meeting I would like to hide my video from everyone. But I would like ONLY the teacher to see me. During other meetings I have seen that some of the participants have done so. How you do it?

7 Replies
Hi,
That is not possible. When you have activated your video all participants will see it, you can not select so just a few users can see your video.

If it is a feature that you would like to see in the future you can request it here:
https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/forum/ad198462-1c1c-ec11-b6e7-0022481f8472
"you can not select so just a few users can see your video"

maybe I explained myself wrong. I would like to see me only the teacher (who is also the organizer of the meeting) .. So is it possible? thanks for your patience
I'm not sure I fully understand you. Your query could be interpreted as follows:

(1) When you're in a Team meeting, only your teacher can see your video feed, you will be essentially invisible to all other participants. As Linus says, this is not possible.

(2) When you are viewing the Team meeting, you only see you and your the teacher. This can be achieve using the Spotlight feature, but note, this is a personal view for you, everybody else in the meeting will still see you.

If it's neither one of those, they you will need to explain your query further.
forgive my english, i write from italy. that's exactly what I want: (1) When you're in a Team meeting, only your teacher can see your video feed, you will be essentially invisible to all other participants. From what I understand it's not possible :( .. right?

I am a student. It often happens to me during exams that I do not see the student who is taking the exam, but I only hear the audio of him. Of course the teacher sees and hears it.

I have to take an exam and I would like only the teacher to see me.
I understand. It is clearly possible, if you have seen this in practice, but this is beyond my knowledge. I was not even aware that this (i.e. how you describe it) was possible. Others will like chime in. Good luck.
thanks for the replies. I wait for confirmation from someone who has had a direct experience.
In Teams there is no option to hide your video for all students (attendees) but allow your teacher (presenter) to see your video.