Meeting Chat Limitations

Copper Contributor

I tried to find a thread that covered my question but was unsuccessful so I'll do my best to make my issue clear.

I invited 1,000 employees to join a team and then sent a channel invite for a daily recurring meeting. Of the 1,000 invites that went out only 100 people will actually join my voluntary call. What is the limit in the chat for the call? Is it 250 or 10,000, I've heard both numbers. 

Here's my dilemma, I don't want spots in my meeting chat taken up by people who have never joined my call.  I want the people who join the call to be able to access the chat.

I hope I was able to convey my issue and I hope someone can help me understand the limitations.

Nick

2 Replies

Hi @NickIV the limit for a Teams "Chat" Meeting is current 250. The link below may help...

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/meeting-chat-limitations/m-p/1454951

Kind regards, Sedleigh

www.ebusinessconnect.co.uk

@ebusinessconnect I tried following the link you provided but it keeps taking me back to my post. 

Let me ask you this, how does Teams determine the 250 if I have invited more than that to the meeting. For this discussion lets say I invite 1,000 people to the meeting, is the 250 person limit made up of the first 250 people to call in to the meeting or is it the first 250 people invited to the meeting?

I want the people in the meeting chat to be people who call in to the meeting. I don't want to clog the meeting chat with people who were invited but have never joined. Does that make sense?