SOLVED

Meeting attendance report for Shared mailbox scenarios

Iron Contributor

So Teams currently allows meetings to be created into shared mailboxes, and the owner of the meeting is the mailbox itself even without any Teams licenses associated to it (As per the info I read this is by design). How do we download the attendance report for this scenario?

This is the only relevant thread I could find for this - Why shared mailbox could be Teams meeting owner - Microsoft Tech Community

19 Replies
best response confirmed by Manoj Karunarathne (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hello, AFAIK there's no quick fix for shared mailbox scenarios and the attendance report. The shared mailbox is the "organizer" and every shared mailbox has a corresponding user account with a system generated password, and you would have to use that account. There are several UV requests for this.

Adding this which should solve the problem, but it's quite long until release.

"Co-organizer Meeting Role" Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

@ChristianBergstrom

Thanks heaps for this reference which looks like a good alternative to the dashboard option coming up as well -https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=attendance%2Creport
Ah, yes that is also a great feature!

@Manoj Karunarathne :

There is an option to get an attendance report from a shared mailbox:

Mailbox added as distinct account in Outlook

The sender of the appointment can be the organizer by adding the mailbox in a specific way as an own account.

This method allows one person (the physical sender of the invitation) to act as a half-featured organizer: to set the Meeting options before and while the meeting and to download the attendance list while the meeting – it will not allow to download the attendance list after the meeting.

How to add another mail account in Outlook

1. Open Outlook
  2. Have the email address of the additional mailbox on hand. You may find it if you search the mailbox in the Outlook Address Book, select it and open the Outlook properties (File -> properties or double click on the mailbox). The email address is the part right of the "SMTP:" and can be found under "General" tab.
  3. Select File and click Add Account
    mrodler_0-1624956144127.png

4. Enter the email address of the additional mailbox
    Now it may take some time
    mrodler_1-1624956144139.png

5. Select Office 365 as the mailbox type in the Advanced setup
    mrodler_2-1624956144145.png

6. You will get a popup Password Window -> you must now click on Back and then remove shared mailbox email address and enter your email address and click on Next, then enter your windows password and click on Next
  7. Please restart your Outlook to get the mailbox set up fully

With this approach the physical person, who sends out the appointment will be able to act as a half-featured organizer as described above:
He will be able to set the Meeting options before and while the meeting and to download the attendance list while the meeting – it will not allow to download the attendance list after the meeting.

Hi
Can anyone explain why I would get an 'attendance report' after a Teams meeting? this has never happened before and I am wondering what the purpose of the report is.

Thank you

Shona
The attendance report is only visible for the organizer and contains information on who has joined and left the meeting, with a timestamp of each of those actions.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/view-and-download-meeting-attendance-reports-in-teams-ae7....

@MatthiasRodler thank you so much for the helpful tips. I was able to successfully make myself the half-featured organizer as you suggested. However, I'm not sure how I can download the attendance list during the meeting? When I go to Participants, I do not see the (...) to allow me to download the report. What do you advise?

Please check the chat of the appointment, you should be able to see it there (after the meeting)

The co organizer role is not slated to be able to get the attendance report according to the latest information. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-co-organizers-to-a-meeting-in-teams-0de2c31c-8207-47f...

Really too bad because that would fix the main issue that my users report when they use the shared mailbox. 

Two years later and still no solution for the attendance reports in a shared mailbox. Typical identifying what is needed with no response.

I have posted a manual above how to get the attendance report when appointment sent from shared mailbox
What if you have already sent the appointment from the shared mailbox without logging in as the mailbox as you show. Is there any way to change it after the fact? Or any way to get this information for a meeting if you are an admin?
If the appointment is already sent, the organizer is already defined. You can extract the Organizer UPN from the URL then, it is in the parameter OID (you can use urldecoder.io to easily see from the meeting join URL).
If it is resolved to the shared mailbox account, you as an user only can get the attendance report, if the shared mailbox get an office365 license assigned.
An admin on the other hand can get the join / leave list from the logs in the admin center for a specific organizer and timeslot like:
https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/ > Users > Manage Users > input the meeting organizer's UPN in the "Search for a user" field > Press the "Meetings & Calls" button > Scroll down to "Past meetings" section and choose the required meeting > Click on the Excel icon right to the "Search" field.

Hope it helps.
THANK YOU - worked great (after the fact)
According to this https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/meetings/teams-meeting-with-shared-mai...
Access attendance reports The delegate who organizes the meeting can access attendance reports when the following conditions are met:
The shared mailbox is assigned a Teams license.
The delegate is assigned the co-organizer role.

Hope that helps
This was a helpful and to the point post. Thank you.
Hi,
I don't know if this has been resolved but I have stumbled on this.

Note, the meeting was from previous week that I was not able to attend but I was invited to. I also have an access to the shared inbox.

From the calendar of the shared inbox I've gone to the meeting and the meeting options and I made myself a co-organiser by looking for my email address, and saved it.

I've gone to the MS Teams app and on that meeting chat I found the Attendance List file. I also got the Attendance tab now and can see the list and download it from there.

I also have tried it to a meeting from June and did not get the list on the chat section but I got the Attendance tab and found the list there.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Manoj Karunarathne (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hello, AFAIK there's no quick fix for shared mailbox scenarios and the attendance report. The shared mailbox is the "organizer" and every shared mailbox has a corresponding user account with a system generated password, and you would have to use that account. There are several UV requests for this.

Adding this which should solve the problem, but it's quite long until release.

"Co-organizer Meeting Role" Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

View solution in original post