Meeting Attendance List

Iron Contributor

Hi All,

I've seen the uservoice for creating an attendance list after a meeting https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33989875-view-or-export-a-list... 

They mention they've enabled downloading an attendance list, but helpfully not explained how.

Anyone know how it's done?

Thanks

53 Replies
I saw you got that error back in April, I guess I was thinking early May was here and maybe it wasn't related to roll-out delay. But thanks for confirming it probably has nothing to do with Teams only mode.

@molislaegers FYI,  I ran the script this morning and no errors.  You might want to try again as it may be allowed in your tenant too.

@Forrest Hoffman I was just about to enable it as "The default for the feature will be DISABLED."

Guess what? Already enabled. Unfortunately not the first time this has happened...

@Tony Redmond I'm looking again at whether this cmdlet is enabled. I've followed the instructions here to install the module and connect up to my tenancy, but when I run the Set-CSTeamsMettingPolicy command I get this. Do I have to install a different version of the module?

Set-CSTeamsMeetingPolicy : The term 'Set-CSTeamsMeetingPolicy' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,
script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is
correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-CSTeamsMeetingPolicy - Identity Global - AllowEngagementReport "E ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Set-CSTeamsMeetingPolicy:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

@CMSCMSCMS Solved. I used this guide instead and it worked. PowerShell is so confusing with Office 365! https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/powershell/manage-skype-for-business-online-wi...

So in theory I've enabled this feature.

@CMSCMSCMS Any time you see that a cmdlet is not recognized it means that it hasn't been loaded into your PowerShell session. In this case, you cured the problem by connecting to the Skype for Business Online endpoint, which made the cmdlet available. Yes, this can be confusing at times... which is why we write the Office 365 for IT Pros eBook and update it every month. https://office365itpros.com/

@CMSCMSCMS 

Well, how did you do that?

With those instructions, I was unable to achieve it, but that's because  I don't access to Skype for Business.
What can I do? I need that list of meeting participants.

@joseerebelo Even if you have migrated from Skype, the relevant section of PowerShell is still called Skype (a shame Microsoft don't integrate this all together!).

Especially since there is a module now for Teams.

@CMSCMSCMS 

I've understood that, reading the comments and your explanation. Thanks.

The problem is that, I didn't use Skype for Business. Because of that, I can't follow the steps that you suggest.

I get "The remote name could not be resolved: 'lyncdiscover.", 

Do you know how can I do that?

@joseerebelo Sorry, I'm not an expert on this. I barely understand what's going on myself! If you can give more detail on where it's failing based on the previous instructions it might help someone else troubleshoot.

@CMSCMSCMS 

I don't understand at all.

I downloaded Skype for Business Online Connector module.

After that, I was unable to follow the steps, once we didn't use Skype for Busines: when I run the commands in PowerShell, I'm asked about credentials, but I always obtain that message "The remote name could not be resolved: 'lyncdiscover."

That is because you don't have the DNS autodiscover settings set-up for Skype for business. That's essential to use this Powershell module.

See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/troubleshoot/online-configuration/dns-configuratio... for more information

@CMSCMSCMS 

I have followed the instructions provided by the various users, however when I insert the script I receive the following error:

A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'Identity'.
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Internal.SetTeamsMeetingP
   olicyCmdlet
    + PSComputerName        : admin2e.online.lync.com

Can anybody please help me? I really have no idea how to fix this; thank you very much!

I'm not certain about this, but in your excerpt from above it looks like you have whitespace between some of the parameters and and options. For example, it should read -Identity and -AllowEngagementReport

@Forrest Hoffman 

Thanks for your tip! I actually had a blank space that prevented the script to run properly; I have a follow-up question: now that I have edited the policy via the aforementioned script, how can I actually download the attendance list from teams app? I have seen in a youtube video that there should be a button in the attendees menu, however I see none, am I missing something? are further steps required to configure this function? Thanks again for your help!

@MarcoClaudioColombo I think there is 2 different things to consider;

1. Getting a participant list for a Teams Meeting, which at current can only be done while the Meeting is in progress by using the View Participants option, or by using the Teams Admin Center after a delay of a few hours and knowing at least 1 attendee and the time.  I do not think there is a way to Download the information in a file format. Most of the ideas floating around are suggesting creating a Form or Quiz to collect responses from the attendees.
  1. Getting an Attendee List for a Live Event which can be done by a Producer after the Event is completed. Details here

I am no means an expert and have not needed a List of Attendees yet so I am learning just like you. 

I also just noticed someone posted something on the UserVoice Tracking that said you have to be in the Web version to print the Attendance List?
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33989875-view-or-export-a-list...
I wonder if it will eventually make it to the Desktop app?

@Forrest Hoffman Where do you get this in the Teams Admin Center? I've had a look through, but nothing's leaping out at me. Thanks

On the Users tab search for a User that was in a Meeting. Then Select Call History. Find the Date/Time in the list and then click on the Date/Time. Then you will see a list of attendees.
However, it will require you to copy paste or screen clip. It is all Manual and I do not know how to Export or create a File to Download. In one of the posts above I mentioned that evidently someone was able to Print a Attendee List using the Web UI of Teams.
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33989875-view-or-export-a-list...