SOLVED

Meeting Attendance downloaded file is overwriting previous attendance file

Copper Contributor

Hi,

When i downloads meeting attendance report from Participant area it download and overwrite the previous meeting report in downloads. Is there any way that it should not overwrite the previous one and saved with number (1) (2) . for all other place when i download it saves the same name file with number but i dont know its not doing for Team Attendance 

Kindly help

9 Replies

@vinsri76 

Good afternoon,

Any update on this post?

@brayan95 Hi, this is not how it's working. If I keep on downloading the reports they do end up with (1), (2), (3) etc.

See example. The General and test are not private channels here.

ChristianJBergstrom_0-1622485637148.png

Hello,

Yes, the reports that are generated end with (1), (2), (3), etc. But the problem is that the information from the previous attendance reports remain with the information from the last meeting, that is, they are overwritten

brayan920_0-1622491053306.png

@ChristianJBergstrom 

Interesting, haven’t noticed. Will set up some testing tomorrow.
I forgot to say that in the first hours of creating the meeting in a channel it worked correctly, but after approximately 3 hours it began to overwrite the information.

This happens at scheduled channel meetings.
Tried to reproduce your experience (but obviously not for 3 hours here) and do not get your behavior.

My attendance reports for scheduled meetings in the same channel are not identical and do not write over any information. The only thing that changes is the (1), (2), (3) etc.

I suggest you raise a support ticket with Microsoft for a proper troubleshooting of the logs.

@ChristianJBergstrom I'm seeing the exact same behavior on my end.

I have a recurring meeting in a Teams channel (happens once every week, 12 occurrences) and I noticed last week that the attendance report is always overwritten with the very last meeting in the schedule.

Previously, I was downloading the attendance report as soon as it became available so I didn't notice the issue. However, last week I went back in chat to download the report for a previous meeting and noticed it was returning data for the latest one, even though it was generating a new .csv file every time.

I now don't have a way to fetch the report for that particular week... I actually need it to keep track of attendance since this is an internal process where we require employees to attend a certain number of events.

Is there an issue opened for this already? Can somebody link it here?

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Sorry, can't replicate as it works for me. I've just tried setting up recurring meetings in a channel and the multiple attendance reports being populated in the channels posts section all have different data. You should open up a support ticket with Microsoft if the problem persists.

@julealgon I have the same exact problem. The last meeting attendance sheet is overriding some other previous meetings for recurring meetings. Did you manage to solve the issue?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Sorry, can't replicate as it works for me. I've just tried setting up recurring meetings in a channel and the multiple attendance reports being populated in the channels posts section all have different data. You should open up a support ticket with Microsoft if the problem persists.

View solution in original post