Meeting 3x3 layout only records 2x2 layout

Copper Contributor

Hi,
With the recent update to 3x3 meeting layouts we are experiencing the issue that the recording of said meeting only shows the 2x2 layout and doesnt account the most active, current talking, user in this 2x2 version. The most active, current talking user, is always visible in the 3x3 version in the active meeting, so no issues there, accept that the recording doesnt capture it.

(We can use the 'pin' option when a person is talking so make sure he is captured in the recording ofcourse, but we prefer to see more participants in the company meeting recording)

Is anyone else having experiencing similar issues?
Is this a bug or do we have to wait for a feature update.
Thank you in advance for the responses!

3 Replies
It does this for me too. Would really appreciate a fix!

@F_de_Vroome I was very excited for the 3x3 rollout, only to be immediately disappointed that the recording only showed the 2x2. I am really hoping they plan to make the 3x3 part of the recording in the near future. I do group interviews (up to teams of 5) and record them, so it would be really nice to see all the faces in the recording. Please, Microsoft, please! We really want this capability! :)

@F_de_Vroome Hi, as a workaround, waiting for the official fix, you can use external apps to record the meeting. OBS Studio for example works nice.