Maximum Number of Guests

Copper Contributor

Hey All,

So I am curious about the maximum number of guest users you can add to Microsoft Teams.

We are an event photography group that would have around 30-40 employees on the paid plan for Microsoft teams, and then approximately 300+ photographers who we would like to use as guests (given they do not have a company email.)

I would also like to point out that we currently have two parent companies under our main LLC. So another question I have is whether it would be a problem if we were trying to have those in our Houston office with one email domain on a team with those in our offices in Chicago and Boston of which both offices also have different email domains?

Lastly, it would be great is someone could reiterate the limitations guests have while being in teams? Our main use for MT will be for internal communications and file sharing, so in terms of video calls and all that stuff, that will really only be for those in our corporate offices (so basically all non-photographers).

We are really trying to make the switch to MT, and hopefully, this will clear some questions we have to make this jump more smooth.

Thanks all and I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

- Jake Hardin

1 Reply

@Jakehardin21 

Its a soft limit 5 guests to 1 paid user. As far as I know you can add more but you would be in breach of the licensing agreement and Microsoft may take action if that's the case. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/guest-access

3rd Paragraph down is the official statement.