SOLVED

Manage Tags is missing from Windows App, still visible in Web

Iron Contributor

Hi All-

We recently noticed that the Manage Tags option is missing from the Windows client (1.3.00.19173 (64-bit), but still available in the Web.  The Tags still appear in the Windows app, we just can't manage.  Anyone else seeing this? 

5 Replies

@jefmeyer I am seeing the same behavior as is my line manager, but his boss still has it. I was on an earlier build of Teams so tried updating and clearing of cache as a possible solution but to no avail.

Mobile app and web client both give me the ability to add and use tags, its just a Windows client issue. I have even tried installing Teams on my own personal machine using my work ID and that also shows the issue... Still testing at the moment, will let you know if I come up with anything.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@OpsEddy - I just noticed there's an advisory in our tenant (TM218909).  

Title: All users can’t utilize the Tags feature in Microsoft Teams desktop client

User Impact: Users are unable to utilize the Tags feature in Microsoft Teams desktop client. More info: Users can utilize the Tags feature via the browser or mobile application.

Current status: A code issue has resulted in the Tags feature within Microsoft Teams from functioning as expected. We’re developing a fix to resolve the issue and expect that the problem will be resolved by Friday, July 24, 2020.

Looks like we need to wait it out. :)

@jefmeyer thanks for that. Any chance you can keep us posted if you hear anything else please?

Finally found a relevant post about this issue, it's been driving me nuts since yesterday. Hope they fix it soon. We use this feature a lot.

@jefmeyer The issue has been resolved on our windows client yesterday. It appears to be functioning normally once more.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@OpsEddy - I just noticed there's an advisory in our tenant (TM218909).  

Title: All users can’t utilize the Tags feature in Microsoft Teams desktop client

User Impact: Users are unable to utilize the Tags feature in Microsoft Teams desktop client. More info: Users can utilize the Tags feature via the browser or mobile application.

Current status: A code issue has resulted in the Tags feature within Microsoft Teams from functioning as expected. We’re developing a fix to resolve the issue and expect that the problem will be resolved by Friday, July 24, 2020.

Looks like we need to wait it out. :)

View solution in original post