SOLVED

Manage a Teams meeting from another account

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I need to manage the breakout rooms for a Teams meeting but the organiser has already sent out calendar invites with a Teams link and I cannot send a new one. Is it possible for me to create a new Teams meeting link and copy and paste it into the original calendar invite (and delete the existing one) and still be able to manage the breakout rooms?

Thanks in advance! 

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @AnnieS10 ,

No, that would not be advisable to do. You would need to completely delete the original event, and then send out a brand new one (from your account). If you simply copy/paste meeting info into the original invite, there will be a high likelihood that attendees could end up in a split meeting situation.

Currently, only the meeting organizer can manage breakout rooms. We're in the process of rolling out support for designated presenters to be able to manage breakout rooms (the original organizer would be able to designate one or more folks to be able to take control and manage the breakout rooms), which should be hitting the Public Preview ring mid-Sept, with a rollout targeted by end of September for all users.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @AnnieS10 ,

No, that would not be advisable to do. You would need to completely delete the original event, and then send out a brand new one (from your account). If you simply copy/paste meeting info into the original invite, there will be a high likelihood that attendees could end up in a split meeting situation.

Currently, only the meeting organizer can manage breakout rooms. We're in the process of rolling out support for designated presenters to be able to manage breakout rooms (the original organizer would be able to designate one or more folks to be able to take control and manage the breakout rooms), which should be hitting the Public Preview ring mid-Sept, with a rollout targeted by end of September for all users.

View solution in original post