Make a test call contiues to ring

Copper Contributor

I am trying to test headphones to order for staff who sit in open cubicles. When I go to 'Make a test call' to check out the sound quality of the microphone, I do not get an option to answer the call, and the call continues to ring. I have to 'Quit' teams to end the call, and then restart teams. This issue happens regardless of what type of headphone is being tested (wired, Bluetooth, etc.). I have version 1.4.00.19572.

39 Replies
Hi,

You should not get an incoming call when you click on "Make a test call" it should be your client calling the Teams Echo bot, so I'm not sure why you get an call you can't answer.

Try to update your Teams client or download a new one here:
https://statics.teams.microsoft.com/production-windows-x64/1.4.00.21688/Teams_windows_x64.exe

Linus,

Thank you for the reply. Maybe, for some reason, the bot is not answering the test call, it continues to ring without an answer.

When I start the test call it goes to a window with the following,

Scoggins69_0-1630064649673.png

which looks different from the window when I call someone directly. 

Scoggins69_1-1630064916710.png

If I hit the red hang up/leave  button, on the bot call, it goes to the screen to ask you if all was well, but the ring continues until you kill teams. If I do the same on a call to a coworker it ends the call. 

I may try the upgrade to see if that helps. 

@Linus Cansby 

I've had the same issue any time I've done a test call. I have to exit Teams to get it to stop.
Same here. Is there a resolution?
I haven't seen anything. Haven't tried one in a minute though. But I'm guessing if you're asking that it's still happening :\

I wasn't able to turn the test call off - and I'm just looking at a blank page, never found the "leave" button. The solution was changing the setting so Teams didn't run in the background and then quitting. 

@Ekaube I'm having the same trouble, and today is 6/7/22 and it's still ringing. I couldn't get it to stop even when I closed the application. I had to go into task manager and end the process tree to get it to stop.

Same issue here. The bot also never seems to pick up?

I had the same problem as of yesterday, had to quit teams completely to get it to go away.

@Scoggins69 Same here, I literally have to reboot my computer to get it to stop and it keeps using the wrong audio or changing the audio during a meeting.  

@Scoggins69  I'm using this version of Teams and having this issue suddenly: 

1.5.00.14473 (64-bit). It was last updated on 6/23/2022

I reset my Dell Latitude 9420 with Win10, applied all Windows updates and driver updates, installed Office and Teams directly from my Office web portal, and I'm suddenly running into this issue. I can end the call however usually the ringing keeps going after the call ends and I have to force quit Teams. Teams is adding a "Bot User" instead of "Teams Echo" to the call but the bot user never answers so I can't test anything like Teams Echo does. Any updates on this issue or leads? I haven't been able to work around it yet. I haven't called another real person yet either. This is affecting my ability to troubleshoot another pressing issue.. I'm attaching a screenshot of what should be "Teams Echo".

This should be Teams Echo and not a bot user.This should be Teams Echo and not a bot user.

Same issue here. I have to force quit Teams to make it stop.

@Scoggins69  I am having the exact same issue.  My husband's Teams is working just fine and we sit right next to each other.  Weird.  

I have the exact same issue. I just uninstalled and re-installed with a new install from the website. This issue still persists.
Same issue for me. It's occurring on both my locally installed machine as well as my VM machine. It's bad enough that the test bot doesn't work but when the call keeps ringing even after you hang up and you have to exit Teams to get it to stop ringing that's really annoying.

@Stacy_Pickering 

I'm a corporate admin of a tenant of 185 E3 licenses.  

We have regularly noticed the "never ending ringing" symptom during our QA procedure.  Often we have found that it only occurs on a first Teams call, but subsequent calls following a restart function as normal.

However, we also receive the same symptom that "Make A Test call" rings forever, and is not answered.  Other machines function completely normally however.  These are new build machines bang up to date with Office 365 for Enterprise, Windows Updates and Dell Command Updates.  

While Teams is a good product overall, we regularly receive bizarre such issues which remain completely unexplained, which often magically fix themselves without any interventions.  But in this case, we've found no resolution. 

@Scoggins69 

Are you using the Test Call as described below? 

1. Go to the "..." menu near the top right of the main Teams window.
  2. Select Settings, then on the left rail list of tabs, pick Devices
  3. Press the button marked "Make a test call" near the middle of the Settings window, and the call will be placed.

If not, can you please post the steps you're following and the Teams client you're using (ex: Windows 11 desktop client) which cause the ringing to keep going and going?

@Therese_Solimenoyes that's exactly what I'm doing. I just tried it again to make sure it was the same steps you described, and when I do that it calls me and then I click leave and it gives me some kind of status report but when I close it, it just keeps ringing, even when I close Teams. So I have to go into Task Manager and end the process tree (twice this time).

@Misty_Sommers yes EXACTLY the same for me.  Windows 10 VM machine using Teams Desktop v 1.5.00.14473 connected via company VPN.  If I run Teams from my local Windows 7 machine same version of Teams I have no problem making a test call successfully and the call ends when I end the call.